Tuesday 2 October 2012

Chocolate lava cake recipe


I'm serious, I am NOT a chocolate lover. (I know it's hard to believe me because there are only chocolate based recipes on this blog but what can I do? My little sister LOVES chocolate and I like spoiling her.)

So, Chocolate Fondant or Moelleux au Chocolat. Doesn't that sound evil for you all chocolate fans?

For the recipe I had to decide between onepotchef and Laura vitale's. But Onepotchef's looked easier, so yea, lazy people always choose the easiest option right? You can get the ingredients and watch how he did it, easier to follow with video maybe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4nCR_MV-gY

For this recipe you will need : Dark Chocolate, Softened Butter, Castor Sugar, Plain Flour, Vanilla essence, Eggs.

Ingredients that you probably already have at home. So there's no excuse not to try this!!

Enough of talking now, let's start

As usual, preheat your oven. 
Place a baking tray inside too. We'll put our small cups on it later.

Okay first step. Melting the 350g of Chocolate.

I think you can also melt it in the microwave, but I tried that once in school and forgot to check it and it burnt. 

(Doesn't that look sexy?)
Anyway, I melted it by steaming. Boiling water in a saucepan then letting it simmer and putting the glass bowl with the chocolate on top of it till all the chocolate melts. Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water else you are going to get burnt choco, and it's a no-no.

When you are done melting the chocolate, put it aside and let it cool. < Very important.

I dare you not to lick the spoon !

Next, in another bowl, mix
50g Softened Butter 
1/2 Cup of Castor Sugar
one tsp of vanilla essence
Till it becomes soft and creamy.

Then add 4 eggs.  One by one. And continue mixing, till it all comes together.
I had to stress on that because...I forgot this when making the recipe and put the 4 eggs at one go...Don't do this. 

Then, add  1/4 cup of all purpose flour in the mixture and stir it in.
(For this recipe, I have added a lil bit of salt and expresso powder inside. According to Laura Vitale salt brings out the taste of the ingredients better and expresso powder gives it an additional yum flavour. )

Okay, make sure you sieve the flour before adding it in the mixture. I didn't sieve it and it became all so lumpy and I had a very hard time trying to break the lumps. :cry:


See how lumpy it is? :rage:

I think the next step will make chocolate lovers faint.


Yup, adding the chocolate into the mixture. Make sure the chocolate is cool before adding it though.

Some more mixing.

And here's the consistency.


Stay with me, your chocolate fantasy will soon be realised!

Grease your tins/cups in which you will be putting the mixture. Else it's going to stick inside and it's going to be hard to transfer it to a plate.
For my first trial, I put some of the mixture in a coffee cup.

Then rest in aluminium tins, covered them and stored them in the fridge.

Finally

Place your cups on the hot tray and bake for about 10-15 mins at 200C, depending on how consistent you want it to be. Really really fondant, 10 mins. 
Don't bake for too long, else it will start cooking inside and you will only get a chocolate cake, not a chocolate fondant. 

Tadaaaa! It's ready!

You can decide to serve it(or eat it) in the cup/pot itself if you wish to.

Or you can also, transfer it to a plate. Take a knife and run around the edges to make sure they don't stick

For this one I'll be honest, I baked it for a bit too long and it didn't came out as liquidy as I wanted it to be. But here's how it looks like inside. After my sister dig into it.

Lovely right?

You can serve that with ice cream and a red fruits for some MOAR yumminess.

Actually I was amazed at how easy and simple the recipe is. + It's delicious (according to the chocolate lovers who tasted it)

There you go~

I wish you enjoyed this post and that you will enjoy your fondant when you have tried it out. 
I will be more than pleased to see your trials too.
Don't be scared of trying it out! 

It was my first trial too!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment