Sunday 7 October 2012

Vanilla Cupcakes with strawberry butter cream


Felt like being a bit fancy today. But HEY the first recipe on my blog WITHOUT chocolate! Been so addicted with making cupcakes lately, they're so easy and quick to make. 

I know I posted a cupcake recipe before and it's almost the same thing. Meh, I prefer making this one than the chocolate ones.

Been sharing the cakes too with some of my friends and my past SC maths tuition teacher(Hi Chris!). Chris told me that I should open a coffee/cupcake shop. I did think of it before though.

The only hard thing about cooking is washing up.

To be honest, it's my second time trying this. I didn't want to post it the first time I tried it because I got the ingredients for the butter cream wrong and it didn't look pretty.
Been very tempted by Laura Vitale's Vanilla cupcake with Rasberry buttercream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngN4TWgL3sY  I didn't find rasberry preserves so instead I used Strawberry jam.


Let's start Baking!

Preheat your oven.

Quick and easy vanilla cupcakes.

First step as usual, creaming 1 Cup of granulated sugar
113g or so of softened butter (Butter at room temperature)



In a separate bowl, mix 2 eggs and 2 tsp of vanilla essence together. Little by little add to the butter & sugar mixture.



Add sifted 1 1/3 cup of self raising flour. 
Incorporate in the mixture by making '8' form with your spatula/spoon. Laura Vitale used the electric mixer for this, but I preferred using the wooden spoon so that I can 'feel' exactly when the flour is incorporated in the mixture. +I'm sure not to overmix. You should mix until you don't see the flour anymore.

Then add 1/3 cup of milk
For the milk, I quickly mixed it with the electric mixer. Just enough so that the milk gets into the mixture.






See how creamy that looks! Hmmm!


Fill your cupcake tins and let it bake for about 15-20 mins or so.
Looking at this makes me super excited

Should look like this when it's readddyy!
It was so smooth and so light and so fluffy! (It's so fluffy I'm gonna dieee!)



You can stop here and start enjoying your cupcakes from now on. It's yummy like this, but if you feel fancy and want more flavor, you can make the buttercream. :D

Making butter cream is really easy...but again it's so messy :cry:

Mix for about a minute:
 113g unsalted butter at room temperature, 
1/2 tsp of vanilla essence  
and 450g of icing sugar



Add 2 big spoons of strawberry jam. 

That's how the butter cream should look like~ Bee-you-ty-ful
*cough* beautiful.

Fill in your piping bag, and start topping your cupcakes.
Make sure your cupcakes are cooled to top them with your butter cream.

And here's the final result!!
For the extra, I decorated the cupcakes with little 'sugar decorations' I found at the supermarket yesterday.

It's so cute!!

I hope you enjoyed this post and hopefully you will try it out. It's really easy, don't hesitate messing around!

(By the way, excuse my poor grammar and my lack of vocabulary in all of my posts.)

Kim.











No comments:

Post a Comment